Monday, December 12, 2011

How to Make French Bread


Standard 5: Objective 3:  Prepare and present quality bakery items.

I created a how-to video for making french bread, which I could use in a Nutrition, Foods, or Culinary Arts class.  I could use instructional video projects in my classes very often to demonstrate exactly how to make something.  It may be difficult sometimes for all my students to see what I am doing up close, so at the end of each class, I could send my students a video for them to watch at home.  In Nutrition, Foods, or a Culinary Arts, this would allow them another material to help them learn besides the recipe and class demonstration.  I could also demonstrate sewing techniques through instructional videos, so if the students wanted to work on their assignments at home, they could pull up the video and be reminded exactly how to do it.  Instructional videos could also be used in a Teen Living class, but the students could make them.  They could work in groups to make skits showing how teens can deal with specific experiences in their teen lives, such as curfew, identity, self-esteem, family, and friend issues.

2 comments:

  1. Lexi! Excellent video. I like how it was calming and and the end music was esp. fitting. Seeing the pictures of how you formed the loaves is extra helpful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! As Kara said I liked the music and I like how simple and easy the instructions were. The bread looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete